Monday, May 5, 2014

My Next 40 Days and Tools for the Road

And so it begins. I thought I would be gone for a month and a half, but it didn't hit me till the night before I left (when my family pointed it out) that I would actually be gone for exactly 40 days. Religious scholars are very well aware of how 40 is a significant number, especially in Jewish, Christian and even Muslim traditions, as a period of testing and waiting resulting in radical transformation. We shall see then what 40 means for me. I certainly look forward to a transformation, as long as it's not into an even more stressed-out person :P

My itinerary for the next 40 days:

May 5-6   Travel from Washington DC to Jakarta via Narita
May 7-16  Fieldwork in Indonesia
May 17  Travel from Jakarta to Entebbe via Doha
May 18-13 Fieldwork in Uganda
May 14 Travel from Entebbe to Washington DC via Amsterdam

The instruments for data collection can be found here, and the latest versions will always be available at this link as they are updated.

1 comment:

  1. You are too blessed to be stressed! :) Just make sure you don't do any time travel- dates above are all in May :) See you JUNE 14, 2014...

    ReplyDelete